What's Better Than a Maxi Dress? A Maxi Skirt!Michelle Horton
We’ve praised the maxi dress — a summertime maternity staple — for its cute maternity style, comfort and nice long length (read: your belly won’t hike it up to inappropriate heights). But there’s one general complain among pregnant women: Summery maxi dresses are often a little skimpier up top, with spaghetti straps and even strapless.
Enter the solution: The maxi skirt.
You still have the nice long length — which is as comfortable as it is modest — and breezy style without the top. Just pair it with your favorite maternity tank or tee and you’ll feel comfier than ever.
Here are a few of our favorites for all budgets:
Affordable (Under $50):
1. Secret Fit Belly Full-Length Tiered Maternity Skirt, Motherhood Maternity $49.98
2. Pull On Style Full Length Maternity Skirt, Motherhood Maternity $39.98
3. Maternity Tiered Tea-Length Skirt, Old Navy $29.94 (This isn’t a floor-length maxi, but you still get the same comfort.)
Splurge (Over $50):
1. Under Belly Full Length Striped Maternity Skirt, A Pea in a Pod $69
2. Ella Moss Under Belly Full Length Striped Maternity Skirt, A Pea in a Pod $145
3. Rachel Pally Under Belly Full Length A-Line Maternity Skirt, A Pea in a Pod $195