Babaganoush | Healthy Snacks | Best RecipesBabble
Baba Ganoush (smoky eggplant dip)
- 4 eggplants
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 425°. Cover an oven tray with parchment paper.
Prick eggplants all over and roast for 35-40 minutes Leave to cool. Slice off stem area and peel.
In a bowl with the eggplant add crushed garlic, lemon juice, tahini and salt.
Mix together with a fork until all ingredients are combined.
Serve with Lebanese bread as a dip.
- DO NOT forget to prick those eggplants or they will explode in your oven!
- This dip has a fantastic smoky taste and can be served on a mezze platter or with smoked salmon as an entree.
- Bottled lemon juice works very well if you don’t have fresh lemons.
- Tahini is crushed sesame seed paste and can be found in the health foods section of your supermarket.
- You can also serve this on a plate with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a nice sprinkle of paprika and pita bread.