- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound cooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 teaspoon butter for buttering the dish
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, finely sliced in rounds
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350°. Butter a large lasagna dish 14 x 10 inches and set aside.
In a large frying pan, saut’ onions and garlic for one minute in oil, add the beef and brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir parsley, pasta and zucchini through and pour into lasagna dish.
In another saucepan over a medium heat, melt the 1/4 cup butter. Once melted, add flour to the pan and stir to make a paste.
Gradually whisk milk in adding salt and pepper to taste. Keep whisking until it begins to bubble and thicken up then remove from heat. Stir parmesan through.
Pour white sauce evenly over pasta mixture and sprinkle with mozzarella. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the cooking water for the pasta.
- You can use any pasta shape similar in size to rigatoni, such a penne, spirals or shells.