Beef Rice Paper Rolls
Egg free, Gluten free
- 22 oz rump steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce or teriyaki sauce
- 20 sheets rice paper (gluten-free)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 4 oz bean thread vermicelli
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 cup satay sauce
Marinate steak in soy or teriyaki sauce for at least one hour or overnight.
Heat a non-stick frying pan to high heat, cook steak for 3-4 minutes each side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate to cool. When cold, trim away yucky bits and thinly slice meat.
Place vermicelli in a large bowl, cover with warm or boiling water and leave to soak until softened. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again.
Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip a sheet of rice paper into the water for about 10 seconds, just until it starts to soften (if you leave it in too long it becomes very tricky to handle), then transfer the sheet to a dinner plate. Place about six pieces of steak, a handful of vermicelli noodles, carrot and cilantro in a pile on one end of the rice paper. Fold the top of the rice paper over the ingredients, then fold in each side and roll up. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Serve on a large plate with satay dipping sauce.
- A great kid-friendly recipe, help them prepare all the ingredients and let them roll up, roll up!
- If you are a nut-free household, use a hoisin sauce or dipping sauce instead of satay sauce.