Blueberry and Orange Muffins
Gluten-free (see note below)
- 2 cups self-rising flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Zest of one orange, finely chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
Preheat oven to 350? and place paper muffin liners in muffin tray. Sift flour into large mixing bowl then add superfine sugar. In a glass measuring cup, measure out oil (to 1/3 cup), add milk (to 1 1/3 cup) and eggs, and whisk to combine.
Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in orange zest and blueberries. Spoon mixture into paper liners. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a skewer inserted into the muffin comes out clean.
- If you don’t have almond flour, or don’t want to use it, just use more self-rising flour.
- If you have extra mixture, make mini muffins (avoiding the blueberries for the fussy children).
- Make these muffins gluten free by using gluten-free all-purpose flour and 3 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder.