Buckwheat Pancakes with Berries
- 1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw (unrefined cane) sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Natural Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
Combine the flours, baking powder and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Make a well in the center and pour in the eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
Add a little more milk if the pancake batter is too thick.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
Pour (1/4 cup) of the mixture into the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, or until the pancake is golden and cooked.
Repeat with the remaining mixture to make 8 pancakes in total.
Serve two pancakes per person.
Top the pancakes with a spoonful of yogurt and some blueberries.