Carrot Ginger Soup | Dinner Recipes | Best RecipesBabble
Carrot Ginger Soup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup peeled and finely chopped ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- Pinch curry powder (optional)
- Salt & ground pepper
- Optional Garnishes: plain yogurt or sour cream, chives or parsley
Heat olive oil in a large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion, ginger and garlic; saute for 5-10 minutes.
Add the stock and carrots. Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered over medium heat until the carrots are very tender, about 30 minutes.
Puree the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a blender or food processor. Season with curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. This soup may be served immediately, keeps in the refrigerator for at least 3 days and freezes well.
This recipe was excerpted from Big Girls, Small Kitchen