Cauliflower, Pumpkin and Pea Curry
Gluten free, Nut free
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (1 large head)
- 2 brushed potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 cups chopped pumpkin (or butternut squash)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1 onion, sliced finely
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup Greek yogurt
Preheat oven to 350°. Drizzle pumpkin with olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt. Roast in oven until golden brown and tender, about 15-20 minutes. In the meantime, using 2 medium saucepans, boil the cauliflower and potato in salted water until tender. Just before you drain either one, toss peas in. Drain all vegetables and set aside.
In a large saucepan, saut’ onion in the 3 tbsp butter. Add curry powder, then the cooked vegetables, stir through gently so as not to squash the pumpkin. Serve immediately topped with yogurt over rice or with store-bought warm Naan bread.
- If serving this dish to small children, you could make it milder by using 2 tbsp of curry powder.