- 1 lb lean minced (ground)
chicken or turkey
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)
- 2 handfuls chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
Whole-wheat burger buns, sliced in half
Toppings of choice
In a large bowl, mix together the ground chicken, onion, garlic, chili, herbs, Worcestershire sauce and plenty of black pepper. Then shape the mixture into four even-sized burgers.
Preheat the broiler to medium or prepare your barbecue grill.
Grill the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side – until well-browned and cooked through.
Serve in the burger buns with plenty of toppings.
- With no added fat, these are healthy burgers to tempt your tastebuds. They’re also salt-free, proving that you don’t always need to use salt or fat to add flavor to a dish (herbs and spices work just as well and are better for you).
- You could always make these into mini meatballs instead and serve with a green salad if you don’t want to have bread with them.