Chocolate Banana Bread
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup good-quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 8 x 4 inch loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
Cream butter, then beat in sugars until pale and creamy.
Add eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition.
Add vanilla, then bananas, chocolate and sifted flour and baking powder.
Mix until just combined.
Pour into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Serve in thick slices with butter. Yum.
- You probably have school-battered bananas coming home in lunch-boxes or molding quietly in the fruit bowl, this is a fantastic use for them.