Easy Honey-Glazed Carrots
Makes 8 adult servings, 1/2 cup each.
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 5 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add carrot; cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
2. Place carrot and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss gently.
(For babies ages 12 – 18 months.)
Tips for Baby: Omit black pepper. Cut carrot slices into bite-sized pieces. Serve a small spoonful in a small bowl or on a rimmed plate.
CALORIES 51; FAT 0.2g (sat 0g, mono 0g, poly 0.1g); PROTEIN 0.8g; CARB 12.5g; FIBER 3g; CHOL 0mg; IRON 0.5mg; SODIUM 203mg; CALC 32mg
Recipes reprinted with permission from Cooking Light First Foods, Oxmoor House © 2010