Fish and Chips
- 2 pounds boneless fresh white fish
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 packet oven baked French fries
Slice the fish into 20 fingers.
Place the flour in a bowl.
Break eggs into another bowl and whisk to combine.
Combine the fresh crumbs and lemon rind in a third bowl.
Place a fish finger in the flour bowl and cover well, dust off any excess. Dip the flour-coated fish finger in egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture. Repeat for remaining fish fingers.
Place coated fish fingers on trays and then in freezer bags if not cooking immediately. Keeps in freezer for 2-3 months.
When ready to cook, preheat oven to 410°. Line three baking trays with parchment paper.
Arrange fish fingers in a single layer on one tray and fries in a single layer on the other two trays. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden and sizzling. Serve in paper boxes or paper cones.
- If you are going to freeze the fish fingers before cooking, make sure that the fish is fresh and hasn’t been previously frozen.