Free Form Apple Pie | Cakes and Baking | Best RecipesBabble
Free Form Apple Pie
- 2 sheets frozen pie dough
- 3 small red apples
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- Thick cream or ice cream, to serve
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Remove dough sheets from freezer and lay on counter to defrost.
Quarter and core apples, then thinly slice each quarter.
Sprinkle 2 tablespoons almond meal on each dough sheet, leaving a 2 inch border.
Pile on apples, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
Fold up edges of pastry, doesn’t matter if it looks messy, that’s the whole idea.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until pastry is crisp, apples are tender and there is a fantastic aroma drifting through the house!
Serve hot with cream or icecream.
- You could always make your own dough, if time permits.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the fridge and reheated the next night.