Egg free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 1 cup whole tomatoes, strained
- 1 cup corn kernels (or canned corn)
- 1 cup kidney beans, strained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon paprika, ground
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1-2 bacon strips, diced
- 1-2 cups cheddar, monterey jack, or Mexican blend cheese
- 1 bag corn chips
Preheat your oven to 400°F, spray an oven tray with cooking spray and line with corn chips.
Cook the diced bacon until warmed through and set to one side.
In a large bowl, add strained tomatoes and crush with your hands to make a lumpy sauce. Add corn, beans, cumin, paprika onion flakes, salt, pepper and bacon pieces.
Give the mixture a good stir. You may need to drain a little of the liquid off, depending on your tomatoes.
With a slotted spoon, place mixture on top of the corn chips then follow with cheese.
Pop into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese melts.
- You can make this as one big dish or portion it out onto individual plates – just make sure they are oven proof!
- Once the cheese has melted, serve as is or add sour cream, green onion, guacamole and jalapenos for the adults.
- For the vegetarian option skip the bacon step.