Pumpkin and Cumin Soup
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, white part, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 2 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1 large potato, peeled, diced
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light cream
Heat oil in a large pot over low heat.
Cook onion and leek for 2-3 minutes until soft.
Add garlic and spices, stir for 30 seconds then add pumpkin, potato and stock.
Bring to boil, turn heat down to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
Allow to cool, then use a stab-mixer to puree (or blend in batches).
Stir through cream and serve sprinkled with extra nutmeg (optional).
Use leftover pumpkin to make the Pumpkin and chili dip.