Raspberry Cappuccino Smoothie
Makes about 2 1/2 cups (600 ml); serves 2
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cold low-fat chocolate milk
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) cold-brew coffee (see note), strong-brewed coffee, or espresso, cooled to room temperature or chilled
- 3/4 cup (170 g) chocolate sorbet
- 1 1/2 cups (170 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 3/4 cup (85 g) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cold low-fat plain milk
- Unsweetened cocoa powder for garnish
Combine the chocolate milk, coffee, sorbet, strawberries, and raspberries in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into 2 glasses.
Rinse out the blender jar. Pour the plain milk into the blender and blend on high speed until frothy, about 15 seconds.
Divide between the smoothies and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
Only recently have we discovered and embraced cold-brew coffee. The cold process yields a brew with 80 percent less acidity than traditional coffee, and it tastes worlds smoother. Once you compare the two, you will become a convert! We think cold-brew coffee is at its best over ice and blended into smoothies. Read more about the Toddy system at www.toddycafe.com, where you can learn how to make it at home or do what we do: order a gallon to have on hand.
Reprinted with permission from Super-Charged Smoothies by Mary Corpening Barber and Sara Corpening Whiteford, copyright © 2010. Published by Chronicle Books.