Rice Paper Rolls
Gluten free, Lactose free, Nut free
- 10 sheets rice paper (gluten-free)
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 cucumber, halved, seeds removed, cut into 2″ strips
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Hoisin sauce
Fill a large bowl with warm water.
Dip a sheet of rice paper into the water for about 10 seconds, just until it starts to soften (if you leave it in too long it becomes very tricky to handle), then transfer the sheet to a dinner plate.
Place a few pieces of chicken, carrot, cucumber, lettuce and herbs in a pile on one end of the rice paper.
Fold the top of the rice paper over the ingredients, then fold in each side and roll up.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Serve on a large plate with Hoisin dipping sauce.
- A great kid-friendly recipe, if you have small non-knife-wielding kids, prepare all the ingredients for them and let them roll up, roll up!
- You could bulk these up with some thin rice noodles (stick) and vary the filling with shrimp, cooked beef or bean sprouts.
- Hoisin sauce is quite a strong flavor; substitute with sweet chili sauce if you prefer.