Easy Peasy Sesame Pasta with Sneaky Veggies
by Amanda Niehaus of Easy Peasy Organic
This is one of my super-fast recipes for those evenings when dinner needs to be done now. It uses pantry staples, takes only 10 minutes to prepare, and sneaks in extra veggies and protein for the kids! Added bonus? It tastes great.
- 500 g (1 lb) spaghetti (or substitute your favorite pasta – wholemeal or kamut is great, too!)
- 1 small zucchini and/or yellow squash, finely grated
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp water
- Extra soy sauce or tamari
- Sesame seeds
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
Boil the pasta according to packet directions. When it’s 2 to 3 min from being done, add the grated zucchini. When the pasta/zucchini is cooked al dente, drain and rinse in cool water. (At this point, the zucchini should be hidden! Ha!)
Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a large bowl, then add the pasta and mix thoroughly.
Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Sprinkle each serving with soy sauce, sesame seeds, and/or spring onions.