Shrimp Skewers & Bibb Salad
- 1 pound large shrimp, shelled
- Your favorite barbecue sauce, or Spicy Sauce
Heat outdoor or stovetop grill to high. If using wood skewers, soak them for 30 minutes in water. Thread shrimp onto skewers (about 4-5 on each) and season with salt. Lightly oil grill if you are using a stovetop grill. Grill shrimp until opaque about four minutes per side. Brush with sauce on both sides as they are grilling.
In a small saucepan, mix together and simmer 1/2 cup honey, 3 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (this is spicy! Available at Asian specialty stores, see pic), lime juice, a dash of fish sauce, salt and pepper. Let simmer for a few minutes until it’s syrupy and thick. Turn off heat.
Bibb Salad with Avocado, Bacon, and Buttermilk
- 1 head bibb lettuce, washed, dried, large leaves pulled from stems to make concave lettuce “bowls”
- 1 avocado, chunked
- 3-4 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- Martha Stewart’s Buttermilk Dressing
Arrange a few lettuce leaves on plates, top with avocado, bacon, and dressing.