Tomato Creamy Pasta
Egg free, Nut free
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4-5 whole basil leaves
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
Boil water and cook pasta following the packet instructions.
Heat oil over medium heat in small saucepan.
Add grated onion and sweat for 1-2 minutes.
Add tomato paste and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add diced tomatoes, basil leaves, salt and pepper to taste, and then simmer for 5 minutes.
Add cream and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes.
Drain pasta, pour over sauce and serve as is or with grated parmesan cheese.