Traffic Light Salad
Egg free, Gluten free, Nut free
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/2 pound Greek Haloumi cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Halve cherry tomatoes and olives. Add all vegetables to a large salad bowl.
Slice the haloumi cheese into 1/2 inch square pieces. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and cook the cheese until golden brown on all sides.
To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a small screw top jar and shake until well combined.
Toss dressing through salad and top with warm haloumi cubes. Serve immediately.
Serve this salad with barbecued meat-it goes really well with garlic and rosemary lamb racks.
The salad is very quick to prepare, so someone can be throwing it together while another is dissecting the midweek barbecue chicken special or burning the meat on the barbecue.