Vietnamese Rice Paper RollsBabble
Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls
- 12 x 9 inch round rice papers
- 1 cucumber, cut into short thin strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into short thin strips
- 1 small avocado, cut into short thin slices
- 1/4 cup snow pea sprouts, ends trimmed
- 3/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 3/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh limejuice
These rice-paper rolls can be made a few hours in advance.
Simply cover with damp paper towels, the plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
To make the dipping sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
Place all the ingredients for the rice paper rolls on a bench.
Half fill a large bowl with warm water.
Dip one wrapper in the water for 20 seconds, or until it is just soft.
Drain off excess water and place on a clean surface.
Place a few pieces of each of the remaining ingredients on the wrapper, about 1 inch from the base. Fold up the bottom of the wrapper.
Fold in the sides and roll up to enclose filling.
Place on a tray and cover with damp paper towels.
Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling ingredients.
Serve rice-paper rolls with the dipping sauce