15 Reasons to Be Happy You Didn’t Break UpDevan McGuinness
We all know that breaking up is no fun, but sometimes being in a long-term relationship has its downsides, too. Sure, you’re probably not warding off the endless “when will you find the right person” questions from your relatives or eating ice cream out of the carton, but even the best relationship can leave you feeling like you could use a little space.
I haven’t been sleeping well lately since welcoming my fourth child into the world, and we all know that sleep deprivation and new responsibilities can have a big impact on a relationship. While I know my relationship is totally secure, there are some moments (like at 4 a.m. on the eighth night in a row, when I haven’t slept), when I wonder if the little things that annoy me will ever stop annoying me.
When you’re starting to find yourself annoyed at all the small things your partner is doing, here are 15 reasons you should be happy you two are still together:
- You don’t have to introduce someone new to your crazy family.
- There are no more awkward silences.
- You don’t have to pretend you can’t (or won’t) eat a whole bag of chips.
- Awkward first dates are a thing of the past.
- Your partner knows exactly how to take care of you when you’re sick.
- You don’t have to secretly take off your Spanx when you get home.
- You don’t have to pretend to like football.
- You’re comfortable asking your partner to get you tampons from the store.
- If you cook dinner, he will clean up the kitchen so you don’t have to do both anymore.
- You can send him downstairs to check out what that creepy noise was at 3 a.m.
- You have a designated driver, and you don’t have to feel bad about it.
- You don’t have to sit at the singles table at your distant cousin’s wedding.
- You don’t have to catch that spider that’s crawling on the floor — it’s his job.
- A built-in “out” for those awkward situations you hate being in.
- Because dating is lame.
:: What is a reason you’re happy you and your partner are still together? Share in the comments! ::
Photo credit: adapted from FreeDigitalPhotos