5 Reasons I Love Going to Concerts With my HusbandKrishann Briscoe
Last night my husband and I went on a last minute date. We ended up going to a concert and had the best time. We’ve been to several starting back to when we were dating, and each time has been memorable. A part of me loves the way he reaches for my hand as we navigate crowds and always goes to get me a favorite snack but most of all, I love being able to do something with my husband that he loves given he spends so much time doing the things I want to do which are most often kid related. While we were out I missed our girls but was thankful for a chance to enjoy my Mr. and remind him that I have absolutely no rhythm. But at least I try! Here are 5 reasons I love going to concerts with my husband:
1. A chance to dress up – Going to a concert usually gives me a reason to dress up. Since I currently work at home and still can’t fit all of my pre-pregnancy clothes I don’t do a lot of dressing up these days. I don’t necessarily go all out but I do make a bit more effort.
2. The excitement – My husband loves going to concerts. I like music but he loves music so he always gets me excited on the way there. It’s fun to watch the progression of his excitement as it gets closer to the start of the show.
3. Singing – Duets are made possible thanks to the magic of live music. Suddenly you will find yourself singing alongside your spouse or being sang to by them. And at a concert it doesn’t even matter if you sound good; everyone is just there to have a good time. (Here’s a tip: If you don’t know all of the words you may have to do like your kiddos and make them up as you go or just sing the hook.)
4. A chance to connect – For a few hours it’s just us (and maybe a stadium full of people). We are able to focus on having fun and enjoying each other. And the thing about live music is that it keeps your mind busy making worrying and to-do list drafting pretty difficult. With the exception of checking Facebook or Instagram to see who else we know is there or checking to see if my mom text any cute photos of the littles our attention is always on one another and the music.
5. A chance to reminisce – Every time we go to a concert we end up engaging in a little “remember when.” We talk about other concerts we went to and fun experiences we shared. We also talk about special moments we hope to share in the future as a family and as a couple. It makes me happy that my husband always wants to rock out, get down, jam (whatever you want to call it) with me alongside him. Especially since I am known to dance to the words and not to the music. Like I said before — no rhythm.
The funny thing about going to a concert is most often, depending on the performer and the crowd, I am reminded of the fact that I am getting old. But there isn’t anyone else I’d rather grow old (or rap) with. Looking forward to many more concerts with my Mr.
What about you, do you like attending concerts with your husband?