I have been married for 12 years. Although we still date one another, I am technically out of the “dating game.” Those days before my commitment when I’d go on dates with different girls. Some I’d come away thinking, “What the?” Others, I walked away thinking ,”She was pretty cool to hang with.”
In hindsight, the difference in the outcome of those dates was probably whether I went on a date with a girl or a woman. We were all adults, but some of the dates were childish, or still a girl. While others were grown women!
A couple articles discussed the differences between girls, woman, and ladies. All Pro Dad, a fatherhood site discussed the point from a dad’s point of view when teaching his sons about dating. A Huffington Post article discussed it from the standpoint of dating in your adult life.
Below I share a couple differences from each site, and include a few of my own.
Differences Between A Girl And A Woman (Or Lady)
- A girl is interested in what can be done for her. A woman (or lady) gives as much as she receives.
- A girl throws a tantrum when she doesn’t get what she wants. A woman (or lady) communicates clearly what is bothering her.
- A girl is more concerned with how she looks on the outside. A woman (or lady) is more concerned about her character on the inside.
- A girl wants attention. A woman (or lady) carries herself in a way that commands respect.
- A girl believes whatever you say about her, good or bad. A woman (or lady) knows exactly who she is no matter what you say, or don’t say.
- A girl needs a boy to feel complete. A woman (or lady) knows she is complete with or without a boy or man.
- A girl doesn’t know what respect is. A woman (or lady) has no problems respecting others, and knows how to do so.