When Love Arrives, Would You Recognize It? [Video]Devan McGuinness
When I was young, I had this idea of what love was and there’s no question that it was influenced by romantic movies. The gorgeous stranger who you meet in the forest or out on the town. You get the instant butterflies that you don’t know what to do with. You both have the same ideas about what your future looks like; your partner will know what to do when a crisis comes about.
Except that’s not true.
Love is complicated and not always what you expect it to look like — certainly not like those fairytales we saw as kids. I think keeping that in mind can help open hearts to true love and real love. No one puts it into better words than Sarah Kay and Phil Kaye from Project V.O.I.C.E.
In their poem “When Love Arrives,” they beautifully share the differences between expectations and realities and why imperfections are beautiful.
:: What does love look like to you? Share in the comments! ::
Check out these awesome posts:
- 4 Everyday Normal Things That Are Scarier With a Baby
- Artist Asks Strangers to Kiss and Films It for Us All
- 7 “Five Minute” Ways to Connect With Your Partner
- 5 Surprise Skills New Moms Master
- 7 Easy Ways Parents Can Sneak in Date Night
- 5 Things We Inherit After a Breakup