This project is going to take you back to the third grade where puffy paint crafts were not in short supply. I never thought I’d be using it non-ironically as an adult but I recently came across a dress that had an embellished peter pan collar on it; they were tiny white beads but from afar, it looked like puff paint. I immediately knew I could recreate the look! I picked out a dress from my closet that I hadn’t worn in a long time and gave it a little update.
DIY Puff Paint Peter Pan Collar
– old dress or blouse in need of an update!
– puff paint (in your choice of color)
1. Fold dress in half to find the center and mark with chalk.
2. Use a cup or mug as a guide to get a good curve on each side, taking your time to make sure its symmetrical.
3. Mark the outline of the collar lightly with chalk. You could freehand this part if you’re feeling confident. If both sides don’t look even, erase the chalk and start over. It took me a couple times!
4. Practice your puff paint dotting skills on a piece of paper. When you’ve got it down, start at the shoulder and follow your chalk guide. Be careful not to smear! Let it hang dry for a few hours, then lightly rub away any excess chalk.
Easy, right?? I’m dreaming up my next puff paint project already!