Good Night Moon Has Nothing On The Important BookSelena Mills
We all know and love the book Goodnight Moon. It is probably one of the first books that we read to our kids when they were babies and it probably turned into one of their favourite books as they’ve grown into toddlers.
We’d also be be perfectly fine with never, ever reading again. Please no more pretty rhymes.
Except don’t you dare put it in the garage sale or donate pile because, MEMORIES.
So when I learned that there was another less popular (why?) book written by one of our most favoured children’s’ authors – I was immediately smitten.
Without even having read it. Smelled the pages or watched as my little one(s) eat every word up, wide eyed, asking for it again and again. How do I know all of this will happen? Much in the same way that I knew my little ones wold love Robert Munsch, or Dr. Seuss, or Eric Carle.
If I – a grown adult, can fall in love with a single page preview of a book meant for kids, when it is so well reviewed by other like-minded parents, then I know I’m on to something good. I just thought you (parent[s]) might want to know about this book too.
We need more books for kids about the simple truth of the world around us to meet and match that of the ever inquisitive toddler.
More Babbles From Selena…
- 5 Ways To Encourage Sibling Playtime
- Cute Dad Alert! On The Importance of Live Music For Toddlers
- 5 Tips For Baking With Toddlers
- Rabbit & Bear Paws: Graphic Novels & Early Reader Book Series for Toddlers
- Moms Have Dreams Too Yo
- #RealMamaLife: When Toddlers Think They Can Do Everything
- Giveaway! Glow-In-The-Dark City Blocks: CLOSED, Winner Announced!
- The Best Balance Bikes For Toddlers
- An Ode To Sleep Deprived Parents
- 7 Ways We Ended The War on Food
- The Ultimate Rain Gear For Toddlers
- 10 Tips For Gardening With Toddlers
- It’s Hunting Season! For Toddlers!
- Solar Powered Rules! Toys for Tots
- The Best 15 Bathtubs For Toddlers? We Found Them.
Elsewhere on the internets…
Via her humble beginnings, mastering in general mayhem: le petit rêve