Win a Britax B-Ready Stroller! ($500 Value Giveaway!)Emily Malone
For the last few months, my formerly stroller-hating toddler has been cruising around town with me on a new set of wheels. We went through a really rough few months where he totally rejected our beloved BOB stroller because of the uncomfortable seat recline. During that period, I set out on a mission to find us a new stroller that would meet all of our needs. At the time, I was also recently expecting our second, so it only made sense to look for strollers that could eventually convert to a double. All of that research led me to one place—the Britax B-Ready Stroller.
I was lucky enough to be given a Britax to try, and in the process I was able to secure a second stroller to give to one of you! More on that coming down below. First, let me tell you all the reasons this stroller has helped us get back on the road! Here are a few of my favorite features…
Win a stroller! 1 of 13
Learn about all the great stroller features here, and leave a comment to enter to win one of your own!
Upright seat position 2 of 13
This was the main feature I was looking for in our new stroller, and I'm happy to say it has not disappointed us in the least. There are four different recline positions that range from fully upright to fully reclined, with a few in between. Reclining is as easy as lifting a handle and leaning the seat back, and can be done when the seat is occupied as well as empty.
Easy recline 3 of 13
As mentioned above, the stroller can be used in a variety of positions. Cullen doesn't sleep in his stroller anymore, but I know this will be a handy feature when our second son is riding up top. Another great option (unpictured) is that the seat can be flipped around to face the parent - something that I know my son would have LOVED when he was a bit younger. As is the case in most things baby-related, the more options the better.
Huge sun cover 4 of 13
We don't get crazy amounts of sun here in Seattle, but when we do I worry about my fair-skinned little Irish boy getting too much of it. The cover can be extended in multiple positions, including an additional flap that folds out for the sunniest days. It also works well to protect against elements like rain, wind, and other inclement weather.
Peek-a-boo magnet window 5 of 13
The sunshade also includes a peek-a-boo mesh window so you can lift a flap and see what your little one is up to while you're strolling. The flap even has a magnet sewn in that helps keep the flap open against the wind.
Easy fold and stand 6 of 13
Unlike a few of the other strollers I tested that were similar to the B-Ready, this one actually folds very easily. It's not a one handed process like some, but I've had no trouble doing it quickly. Once folded, the stroller can also stand up on it's end, which is nice for those times are you trying to fold down the stroller in the middle of a crowded parking lot and keep tabs on your toddler at the same time. Just me?
Huge storage basket 7 of 13
Of all the strollers I've used, this one has the most storage by far. Last week I went to the farmer's market and ended up making an unplanned trip through a garden center. I ended up being able to put a whole flat of plants down below the stroller, and still had room next to it for my bag of market veggies. This is extra helpful when we're doing multiple activities that might require a few different bags, toys, buckets & shovels, etc. There are also a few pockets sewn into the back of the seat. Only thing missing is a handlebar console, but it is available from Britax (sold separately).
Front storage access 8 of 13
We haven't really needed this feature yet, but I know it's going to be very useful soon enough. The B-Ready converts to a double by attaching either a second seat or infant car seat below the upper seat. Due to the placement of this second seat, the access to the main storage basket underneath becomes hard to access. The brains at Britax preemptively solved this problem by adding a zippered access in the front of the stroller so that purses, bags, etc. can still be stored even when you're strolling with two.
Strolling with two 9 of 13
I thought I'd show a few of the different seating configurations that are possible with the B-Ready (there are 14 total!). This one shows an infant seat up top with a second seat down below for big brother (or sister). At first glance it looks a little cramped for the older child, but I can only imagine using this setup for quick trips anyway.
Image from Britax.
Double seats 10 of 13
Once both of your kids are big enough for the solo seat, you can purchase the second seat to go down below. The top seat can face in or out, and even though it's a little cramped vertically, I think this is probably a much more useful option than a stroller that is double-wide and hard to fit through most doorways.
Image from Britax.
Infant seat adapter 11 of 13
If you're using this stroller for just your newborn, it can be adapted to fit most of the top-rated car seats, including Britax, Chicco, and Graco. In fact if you have a Britax seat, you won't even need an extra adapter. For new moms looking for additional options, Britax also sells a bassinet for the tiniest passengers.
Image from Britax.
Baby on bottom 12 of 13
After our second arrives, I am guessing this will be our initial setup. Britax sells an accessory adapter that allows an infant seat to be attached down below, so that the older sibling can stay up top and enjoy the views, while the baby sleeps down below. For the first few months, the little guys can't really see much in their car seats anyway, so it makes sense to put them down below where they can snooze peacefully in the shade.
Image from Britax.
Riding rainbow 13 of 13
Okay this is a small thing and not a critical feature, but I love how many bright, gorgeous colors are available for the B-Ready. I chose this green color called "moss" but was really torn between some of the other equally drool-worthy options. In a sea of black strollers, mine is so easy to pick out!
For more information, here are some additional features, as listed on the Britax website:
- CLICK & GO integrated adapter system works with BRITAX CHAPERONE and B-SAFE infant car seats and bassinet.
- Modular stroller with over 14 configurations accommodates multiple seat, bassinet, and infant car seat configurations
- Travel System compatible with other major infant car seat brands when used with Infant Car Seat Adapter Frame, such as Chicco Key Fit, Chicco Key Fit 30, Graco Snugride 32, Graco Snugride 35, and Peg Perego Primo Viaggio
- Foam-filled rubber tires
- Reversible top seat with 4 recline positions
- Large under seat storage accessible from all sides
- Large canopy with sun-visor and ventilation window
- No re-thread, adjustable, five-point harness and head pad
- Simple fold with automatic chassis lock
- Adjustable handle height with comfort grip
- One-step, linked parking brake with indicator
- Comfort ride 4-point suspension
- Included accessories: Adult Cup Holder
Now is your chance to win a Britax B-Ready of your very own!
What you can win:
One Britax B-Ready stroller in the color of your choice (value of $499 MSRP).
Rules of the giveaway are listed below:
- To enter, leave a comment on the post below telling us your favorite place to walk with your little one(s)!
- Only 1 entry per person is allowed. Open to USA and Canadian residents only.
- This Giveaway entry period starts on Tuesday, June 25th at 3:00pm EST and ends on Sunday, June 30th at 11:59:59 PM EST.
- We will choose one potential winners in a random drawing on or about Monday, July 1st and send notice to that person via email. If you are a potential winner but fail to claim your prize within 10 days of us sending you notice or are otherwise in non-compliance with the Giveaway rules, then we will choose an alternate winner.
- We will announce the winner here on or about Monday, July 1st at 5:00 PM EST.
- No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Odds will depend on the number of eligible entries. See the complete general rules and eligibility requirements that apply to all Giveaways here.
Note: If you are trying to enter the giveaway and you are getting an error page, your comment most likely got caught in the spam filter. I am manually approving comments as quickly as possible, so please check back to see if your entry has gone through. Sorry for any confusion!
In exchange for this product review and giveaway promotion, I was given a Britax B-Ready stroller. As always, all opinions are my own.